Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Review of The Opal Blade by Kristy Nicolle

Review of The Opal Blade by Kristy Nicolle


5 stars 

Kristy Nicolle has done it again! I don’t give out 5 stars easily and she has snagged another one from me! The Opal Blade starts out with a very spoiled rich girl, Sephy. She hides behind her snarky and quick-witted attitude. At first, I was thrilled about this character. It was a breath of fresh air having a woman MC taking up characteristics that you see in most male MC’s, example-rich, cocky, womanizing man whore. So to have a female character do that it was different. Then I started to not like Sephy. Her attitude got old, her nighttime antics got old, she seriously came across as a spoiled rich girl. However, in my eyes, she fully redeems herself and becomes a loveable character. She’s a bad ass hero that doesn’t need saving. I loved her friendship with Xion. He was like the Ying to Sephy’s Yang. They insult each other perfectly. I really loved the world the Author built in this book. I’ve always loved Greek mythology so as soon as I knew it was about the underworld I was intrigued. Her take on it was way different than anything I’ve ever read before and it sucked me in! I love how she didn’t make “hell” this crazy damned place. She made it where you can repent and still move on. You weren’t damned for eternity like everyone believes. The characters and this world just went together perfectly. Oh, and I can’t forget about Haedes. Omg, I think I’m in love! I really love this character and can’t wait for more of him in book 2. What can I say I’ve always loved the bad boys. Throughout the entire book, you were questioning everyone's motives. Are they sincere? Are they trustworthy? Is so and so going to betray Sephy. It was seriously written so perfectly, and you didn't know what was coming next. The twist at the end surprised me! I did not see it coming at all. It really set the pace for the next novel and I really can’t wait to dig in. I would highly recommend this book to everyone! Like seriously go pick it up right now!


Reviewed by Admin Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment