Friday, May 13, 2016

Review for L.o.v.e. by Kate Vine

L.o.v.e. by Kate Vine

                                                  



5 stars
Reviewed by Patricia

CAN I PLEASE DOUBLE THE STARS ON THIS REVIEW???

I cannot explain to you how emotional and devastated this book has left me feeling!! This is not your average love story, nor is it a 'fluff' book to read. This book is, in many ways a masterpiece of romance, emotion and life as it really is.

I read books every single day as this is my pleasure and indeed, my work. I can't remember another book that has left me in this emotional void after finishing it!

The author's note at the beginning asks you to; 'please not hate him'.....how could I possibly hate him for what he did, for what he HAD to do.?

Ms Vine has an amazing ability to draw her characters in a way that they become your best friends, their pain is your pain, their joys are your joys. Each person in this story is very human, they all make mistakes, they each have their flaws just as we all do and some of the choices that they make are devastating to both themselves and others around them. Self destructive is a perfect description of the heroine's way of life, attitude and addiction, leaving Mia in a state of bewilderment and confusion most of the time, not to mention, pain.

The attraction between Mia and Dylan is at best tentative and at worst addictive creating an emotional connection that draws them each to the other irrevocably.

I was unsure how to receive this story at the beginning as the scene was set, but as the story progressed I found myself completely overtaken by the relationships of these people and eventually rooting for them to have their HEA.

I have never been so overcome with a story ending as I am with this one. This is one book that will remain in my mind...and my heart for a long time to come.


Late Night Books Reviewer Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment