Saturday, September 10, 2016

Review of Burden (Bayou Bear Chronicles Book 1) by Lila Felix

Burden (Bayou Bear Chronicles Book 1) by Lila Felix

                                                            
4 stars
Reviewed by Dawn

I thought it was a sweet bear shifter romance. I love the changes in Hawke from the first moment we see him to the end of the book. He begins with such a depressed outlook on his life, but when he meets Echo, his entire demeanor changes. Echo is a strong character who fights between her human and bear shifter side, trying to come to some kind of understanding about her feelings and her life. She is simply looking for a place to belong, something she's never had. Hawke's rescue of Echo sets an entire new set of wheels into motion that will not only change their lives but the lives of those around them.

I liked the strength of Echo, the female heroine, because I like strong female leads. The writing was sweet and flowed well. The story is a good one, well written and easy to understand, a sort of basic shifter romance with a couple of wrenches thrown in to give it some suspense. There is a happy ending which I always like, though the ending leaves room for more of the story, and actually left me interested to see where things go from there. I liked it.

Late Night Reviewer Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment