Sunday, October 2, 2016

Review of Jamison by Niquel

Jamison by Niquel

                                                
Four Stars
Reviewed by Cindy

This is more than just a run of the mill rocker romance. That is made obvious from the very beginning as we our introduced to young Shannon and CJ. Jamison is the story of first love, long lost love, and second chances. The characters in this book are well developed and interesting. Even the secondary characters outside of Jamison and Shannon are intriguing. (I really look forward to reading more about Reg.) Despite some flaws the plot is entertaining. I very much enjoyed the dialogue in this book as well. The edited was done well also.

The only problems I had with this book involved the plot. The pacing was uneven seeming to very slowly build in the beginning to jump to an ending that didn't quite feel rushed but left me feeling unfinished. There was not a cliffhanger but not quite the HEA resolution that tie up the entire story in a neat package. I felt the main point of the love between Shannon gets a little watered down with all the side stories happening around them. Drugs, band issues, mob, over reactions, etc. I found this the most disappointing given the book was slow in the beginning. I would have loved to have seen more development between Jamison and Shannon.

However this is still a good book to spend your time with. There were times I hated both Shannon and Jamison and times I rooted for them. It isn't just any book that is able to get me to get emotionally involved. I look forward to the next in the serious. (I am very eager to read about Reg!!)

The Magic of Books Reviewer Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment