Saturday, September 29, 2018

Review of Tangled Up in You by Lara Ward Cosio

Tangled Up in You by Lara Ward Cosio

                                                  

5 stars
Reviewed by Dawn

I'm not sure what I expected when I began reading this book, but it was far beyond anything I could have imagined. I've read a few rock band series', and few of them live up to the hype. This one was recommended to me, and I was blindsided by how much I liked it.

Gavin is the perfect moody frontman, the singer in the band. He's sexy and handsome but not in a conventional way. And when he opens his mouth, people are drawn to him, not only when he sings but when he is in any kind of crowd. And this is the man Sophie meets as a boy of 16 when she does a year of high school overseas in Ireland. He's cocky and bold, and he holds his own. But like many young loves, life gets in the way, and they're separated.

Fast forward a few years, and Gavin and his best friend Connor, along with their friends Shay and Martin have formed a bad, Rogue, that is sweeping the world. When they just happen to be playing in L.A., Sophie stops in. Hearts were broken, and the rejection is still fresh for both of them, but there's something that draws them together, and they find out that their love has only become more intense. What neither of them suspected was that there was someone else who crushed on her too. Secrets are uncovered and love is betrayed. Will they make it through the muck and mire that is their pasts and their present, to find any kind of future together?

There were moments that had me giggling while others had me talking back to the characters. I cried and got angry and ran the gamut of emotions with this story. I only finished it an hour or so ago, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything my heart experienced. I love when an author can bring out all of the feelings I don't really want to feel, and this author did exactly that. The only annoying thing was that we don't get an HEA as is the case in many series'. So, I bought the entire series because I need to know...

The Magic of Books Reviewer Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment