Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Review of The Christmas Guardian by Georgia S. Dickson


The Christmas Guardian by Georgia S. Dickson
3 stars
Reviewed by Admin Jenna Martinez

                                                    

I love a good Christmas book. This book was a quick and easy read. It allowed for a great escape. I’m not a religious person so I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this book, but it honestly didn’t even bother me. It was such a cute quick read. There were a few things I didn’t care for. The story goes back and forth from the two MC’s. To me, it wasn’t made clear that it was skipping to the next character. It was just the name in bold. On the left side of the page. I guess I’m just used to a bigger font and the name in the center to represent a character break. I didn’t realize It had skipped to the other Character until a few pages in. I then realized it was a different person’s storyline. But after that first initial mix up, I had no problems. I found the Characters super relatable. I really enjoyed Mary Beth. At first, I thought she was whiny and immature for her age how she treated her mom, but I quickly got over that because she had other redeemable qualities. Her loyalty is fierce, and her personality is strong. What can I say about Noel? I loved his childlike curiosity and his ferociousness to protect MB. There were two main conflicts in this novella. I almost feel like the ending one (I don’t want to give spoilers) should have been a minor one earlier in the story. I didn’t feel like that was conflict enough. The one I felt was devastating was more in the center of the story. I wish I could have seen that played out more and more conflict with Jack (evil dude) later in the story. I think this world built in the novella would make for a great series!
I would recommend this book to others.

3 stars
Reviewed by The Magic of Books Admin Jenna Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment