Sunday, April 23, 2017

Review of An Imperfect Engagement by Alyssa Drake

An Imperfect Engagement by Alyssa Drake

                                                  

5 stars
Reviewed by Dawn

It was everything I love about a historical romance. Samantha Hastings and Lord Benjamin Westwood are the perfect, non-conforming couple, deeply in love and having a difficult time keeping their hands off of each other as they await their wedding day. Of course, it wouldn't be a story without a dangerous maniac who is seeking to take what he feels he's been deprived of all of these years. That includes you Samantha. Only he doesn't plan on returning her; instead, he wants her dead.

The couples are sweet and obviously in love, and I adore a good historical love story. The secondary characters have some baggage and skeletons of their own, especially Benjamin's twin brother Thomas. But it's the villain I'm most drawn to. The author has given this character such a deep seated hatred and lack of remorse or compassion, I wonder where she got her inspiration. There are so many intricacies about him. He doesn't hide in the background, and he has his hand in so many different lives that no one is safe with him on the loose.

This entire story is impressively written, true to the era in which it plays out, and gripping from beginning to end. I'm so invested in the game this villain has drawn me into that I can't wait to see where Ms Drake takes us next. Wonderful piece of work, and I look forward to reading more from her.

The Magic of Books Reviewer Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment