Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Review of Demon Ember by MJ Haag and Becca Vincenza

Reviewed by The Magic of Books Blog Admin, Char Webster

Demon Ember, Resurrection Chronicles Book 1, by Melissa Haag, writing as M.J. Haag, and Becca Vincenza is a fast-paced, funny, adventure in a world falling apart. Even though this book was a collaboration, the writing flowed perfectly.

Our main characters are unlikely companions fighting for their lives and falling for each other in the process.

Dystopian (and zombie) books had not really been a favorite of mine, but these authors change my mind. Imagine my surprise when I find myself loving a book that has zombies in it!

The authors weaved the story in a realistic and action-packed way that made the book difficult to put down. There were also some really funny things that happened in the book and I laughed aloud several times.

Mya is your typical college student until the world literally begins to crumble. She had to learn to be tough, witty, clever and strong in the midst of the extreme danger.

Drav has eerie yellow eyes, very sharp teeth and grey-skin, but he is one of the best book boyfriends around. He’s intelligent, strong, funny, protective, determined, honorable, and capable.

Mya and Drav have awesome chemistry and I loved how their relationship changed from fear to friends and hopefully much more! As the book progresses and we learn more about the incredible Drav, I like the two of them together even better.

I didn’t want the book to end and it left me with lots of questions that I need answers to. I can’t wait for the next book in the series. It left off at a cliffhanger, so the authors better publish the next book quickly!

Five Stars * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment