Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Review of The Schatten by Ashley Greathouse

The Schatten by Ashley Greathouse

                                                  

4 stars

Let me start out by saying wow! I don’t scare easily but we will get to that later! I really enjoyed this story. The writing and storyline flowed together well. The imagery omg the imagery was fantastic. The Author really puts you into the story. So, to the scary part. I made the mistake of reading this book in the dark in my room before bed. The scene where the MC was in the pantry as a young girl seriously got to me. Talk about CREEPY!! I was laying in bed and I happened to look up and seen this huge shadowy figure in my closet. (I have an open closet, no door.) So yea instant terror! My daughter is literally in a pack n play 3 feet away from the said shadow. I’m like be a good shadow and don’t make me fight you over my kid! So, I turned the flashlight on my phone and looked over there. It was just my wedding dress cover. It’s purple so stood out against the white wall. So, for the rest of the book, I kept looking at that and constantly looking around my room. This story is seriously creepy! I did find a few typos but nothing crazy. I would definitely recommend reading this and checking out this author's other work!

Reviewed by Jenna Martinez (Admin)

No comments:

Post a Comment